Statistics in sociology 


My presentation will about of statistics and its influence in sociology. In my career the statistics is an important area and a very discussed topic. This because some persons think that is inappropriate apply the numbers to some more complex, like society and its problems. Also there are persons think opposite this stance. They argue that the numbers allow to take into account many people in research. In addition, there are many argue about both positions that I will specific in my presentation.I think that the statistics have an specific objective like there is the qualitative form, this is why I think that is possible use both form,  it's depending the objectives that it have the research.
In the other hand, I think that the statistics it had been more accepted because we living in a society that is very influenced with the science and its method. But this is not mean the qualitative form is less acceptable.
 

Comentarios

  1. Hello Karina! In psychology, my discipline the statistics have a relevance in some areas that are more scientific. I never like it, because it was very difficult for me to learn that, but I think is necessary to some areas of the social sciences

    Regards!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. haha it was very difficult learn statistics too, but it's very important to our discipline

      Eliminar
  2. hello! the statistics is very relevant in the sociology but it's treacheorus because no is totally exact.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I think that the statistics can be complementary into qualitative research

      Eliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

BOLIVIA

University life: 3 things one could do to improve Universidad Chile ‘s experience